HIRAGANA/KATAKANA Memory Hint
We at the Japan Foundation, Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai developed this app to provide a fun way to study hiragana / katakana using mnemonic pictures !
Target users and Languages
Complete beginners in Japanese
Anyone interested in Japanese letters
|English ・ Indonesian ・ Thai|
Study hiragana by using mnemonic pictures and by listening to how they sounds.
Tap to see each mnemonic picture together with the hiragana associated with it.
You can view all of the hiragana as a vertical list.
Select the hiragana that you have studied so far and test your knowledge.
You can choose from four types of quizzes.
- Look at the hiragana and choose the corresponding romaji.
- Look at the romaji and choose the corresponding hiragana.
- Listen to the sound and choose the correct hiragana.
- Look at the romaji and select the correct hiragana from among similar-looking hiragamna.
* Select the hiragana that you have studied so far and test your knowledge.
Listen to how each hiragana is pronounced using the Hiragna Table.
Read explanations about the Japanese writing system and hiragana.